Pages

See my art on my website at ~ www.gloriaemoses.artspan.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Website ~~ www.GloriaEMoses.artspan.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Tale of the Two Tutu's

Anxious Moments
24" x 18"
Oil on Canvas

The ballerina on the left was from my figure class, I entered it in my local art league show where the other artist voted for their favorite piece. This is where it won Best of Show and was then qualified for the region Best of the Best Show.  But the regional BOB is a judged show, and that is when the question came to my mind, was it a problem because it was in part painted in a class setting.  Although the rules made no mention, I wanted to make sure I felt right and confident about my entry. So I repainted her!

(Sorry the one on the left has glare on it, so the one one the right appears dark. I entered it so I could not retake a side by side. Oops)

No comments:

Post a Comment